ESDS International publications
The following publications are currently available in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
In order to read documents in PDF format you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
software which can be downloaded free of charge from the Adobe
- Mind the Gap: Global Data Sharing, Paper presented at IASSIST 2009, Tampere, Finland
- Developing Statistical Literacy Using Real World Data: Investigating Socioeconomic Secondary Data Resources used in Research and Teaching published in a Special Issue (USING SECONDARY DATA IN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH) of the International Journal of Research & Method in Education, Taylor & Francis. Volume 34, Issue 3, 2011. DOI: 10.1080/1743727X.2011.609553
- Real World, Real Stories: Teaching Quantitative Methods with Real Life Data.Presented at EDULEARN Conference. July 2011, Barcelona.
- What do academics want? Research requirements for cross-national data - a background paper submitted for the OECD's 3rd World Forum on 'Statistics, Knowledge and Policy' which included an international exhibition on 'Charting Progress, Building Visions and Improving Life' from the 27th to 30th of October 2009 in Busan, Korea.
the world: The establishment of an international data service - paper
presented at the Joint
UNECE/OECD Work Session on Statistical Dissemination and Communication,
14-15 February 2005, Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
International brochure (March 2006)
- Delivering the world: The establishment of an international data service
- paper presented at the IASSIST 2004 Conference, Madison, Wisconsin, United
Quarterly vol. 27, issue number 3.
Please note that the ESDS has a number of
publications available, including UK
Databytes - the quarterly newsletter of the Economic and Social Data Service
providing a forum for information and news.
Note: To see publications citing ESDS International data,
please visit out searchable Publications