ESDS International Annual Conference 2011
Conference theme: Understanding the world: evidence and impact
Date: Monday 28 November 2011
of Materials, 1 Carlton House Terrace, London
|14:00 - 14:15
| Registration and Coffee
|14:15 - 14:25
||Welcome to the ESDS International Annual Conference [Slides]
Keith Cole, Director of Mimas and Head of ESDS International
|Meet the Researchers I (introducing the research posters)
Chair: Susan Noble, ESDS International [Slides]
|14:25 - 14:50
- Testing for Martingale Property in the Egyptian Exchange: Do Regulatory Policies and Size Matter? [Abstract] [Poster]
Amira Akl Ahmed, University of Leicester
- Should Egypt shift to Inflation Targeting: Evidence Using Monetary Velocity and Money Multiplier [Abstract]
Doaa Akl Ahmed, University of Leicester.
- Are Oil Revenue Funds effective in oil rich countries? [Abstract] [Poster]
Dina Azhgaliyeva, University of Essex.
- The curse of tourism? [Abstract]
Thaana Ghalia, Brunel University
- Impact of Green Energy Policies on Electricity Market: An Econometric Analysis [Abstract] [Poster]
Julia Gutierrez, University of Leicester
- Cyclical Behaviour of Government Expenditure, Monetary Policy and capital Flows: A Study of Asian Countries [Abstract] [Poster]
Nazmus Sadat Khan, Queen Mary, University of London
- Growth, Trade Openness and Remittances: Lessons for Developing Countries [Abstract] [Poster]
M Tariq Majeed, University of Glasgow.
- Openness, Economic Growth, and Human Development: Evidence from South Asia [Abstract] [Poster]
Ghulam Mustafa, Middlesex University
- The effects of exchange rate volatility on exports: Some new evidences for ASEAN countries [Abstract][Poster]
Norimah Ramli, University of Southampton and Jan M. Podivinsky, University of Southampton
|14:50 - 15.05
||Coffee, tea and poster session.
Chair: Celia Russell, ESDS International
|15:05 - 15:55
The story behind the OECD's Your Better Life Index
Toby Green, OECD.
Understanding the world economy using Principal Global Indicators [Abstract]
Gareth McGuinness, IMF.
European Social Survey talk [Slides]|[Video]
Alison Park/Alun Humphrey, NatCen
2009: A year of major changes on the energy scene [Slides]|[Video]
Jean-Yves Garnier, International Energy Agency
|15:55 - 16.05
||Coffee and tea.
|Meet the Researchers II (speaker session)
Chair: Jack Kneeshaw, ESDS International
|16:05 - 17:00
The Yield Curve as a Predictor of Economic Performance in Asia [Abstract] [Slides]
Dr Sylvia Gottschalk, Middlesex University Business School.
The Effects of Economic Reforms on Manufacturing Dualism: Evidence from India [Abstract] [Slides]
Professor Kunal Sen, University of Manchester.
Electricity Co-operation and Decarbonisation: The Role of Import and Export in CO2 Reduction [Abstract] [Slides]
Kwanruetai Boonyasana, University of Leicester.
A Comparison of the EU-15 Countries Based on the Stiglitz Report’s Recommendations [Abstract] [Slides]
Dr Giuseppina Madonia, University of Greenwich.
Wrap-up and questions
You can see a compilation of papers and posters presented by researchers at previous ESDS International conferences and submitted for publication on the Conference Proceedings section of this website.
See the Events > ESDS International Annual Conference pages for further information about previous events.