British Household Panel Survey: Special Licence Access list of datasets
The BHPS has now been subsumed into a new longitudinal study, Understanding Society, conducted by the Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER). From Wave 2, BHPS sample members have an identifier within the Understanding Society datasets, allowing matching of earlier BHPS waves.
Users should obtain the data and documentation using the table below. Please note the Special Licence Access conditions.
Users are advised to visit the British Household Panel Survey web pages for support in using these data, additional resources, and news and events.
- Understanding Society: Waves 1- , 2008- (SN 33423)
- People's Trust: a Survey-Based Experiment, 2007 (SN 6110)
- Impact of Dependent Interviewing on Interview Dynamics: Implications for Longitudinal Study Design, 2006 (SN 6154)
- Improving Survey Measurement of Income and Employment, 2001-2003 (SN 5157)
- Selected Labour Market Data from the BHPS, 1999 (SN 4189)
- Testing for Asymmetric Information in Private Health Insurance, 1996-2008 (SN 7052)
- Households Below Average Income, 1994/95-2010/11 (SN 5828)
- British Household Panel Survey Employment Histories: Waves 1-11, 1991-2002 (SN 4705)
- British Household Panel Survey: Waves 1-11, 1991-2002: Teaching Dataset (Work, Family and Health) (SN 4901)
- British Household Panel Survey: Waves 1-11, 1991-2002: Teaching Dataset (Social and Political Attitudes) (SN 5038)
- British Household Panel Survey: Waves 1-13, 1991-2004: Teaching Dataset (Time Use, Leisure and Social Memberships) (SN 5355)
- British Household Panel Survey Pension Wealth Derived Variable Data, 1991-2001 (SN 5725)
- British Household Panel Survey Harmonised Union Histories, 1991-2006 (SN 6417)
- Merged Dataset for Transition to and Income from Self-Employment/Business Ownership: British Household Panel Survey, 1991-2008 (SN 7030)
- British Household Panel Survey, 1991-: Conditional Access, Medium-Level Geographical Identifiers (SN 33391)
- British Household Panel Survey, 1991-: Special Licence Access, Lower-Level Geographical Identifiers (SN 33398)
- British Household Panel Survey, 1991-2009 (SN 33196)
- On the Edge of Later Life, 1930-1990 (SN 4934)